GTK NetSurf Downloads
- Latest development source
- Bleeding-edge source code is available for those that want to try the latest experimental features.
NetSurf's GTK front end works on systems that provive a Unix-like environment, such as Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Solaris and others. If your distribution packages NetSurf, you can use that. Otherwise you can download and build the source code.
Check out the change log to see what's changed since the last release.
We provide packages for installation of NetSurf releases on various systems.
- NetSurf 2.7
- NetSurf 2.9
- NetSurf 2.9 source code (27 Mar 2012)
- NetSurf 2.8
- NetSurf 2.8 source code (21 Sep 2011)
- NetSurf 2.7
- NetSurf 2.7 source code (16 Apr 2011)
- NetSurf 2.6
- NetSurf 2.6 source code (21 Sep 2010)
- NetSurf 2.5
- NetSurf 2.5 source code (18 Apr 2010)
- NetSurf 2.1
- NetSurf 2.1 source code (23 May 2009)
- NetSurf 2.0
- NetSurf 2.0 source code (25 Apr 2009)
- NetSurf 1.2
- NetSurf 1.2 source code (22 Mar 2008)
- NetSurf 1.1
- NetSurf 1.1 source code (13 Aug 2007)
- NetSurf 1.0
- NetSurf 1.0 source code (17 May 2007)
There are actually two versions of NetSurf available for Unix-like systems. In addition to the GTK front end, which is for normal desktop usage, there is a framebuffer front end for NetSurf which requires no windowing environment or GUI toolkits. It currently supports the Linux framebuffer and ABLE's framebuffer.
Please obtain the latest source, if you want to play with the framebuffer build.